Sunday, October 5, 2014

Haunted House Advertisements

I was going through some old teaching stuff in my garage the other day and came across this short little literature follow up I did with my second graders a few eons ago.


I forgot what story we were reading in language arts, but it had some vocab words like dreadful, and coward.  I thought those would be perfect for a haunted house, and it was October. 

I brought in a few real estate ads from my Sunday paper and we examined the type of info they had (cost, size, etc...) in their little blurbs.  Then we wrote our own using a few of the vocab words.  I used the front page of that section to make our cover here and replaced their stuff in the middle with my assignment description.



After the students wrote their descriptions and drew their haunted house for sale, I bound all the pages with the cover into our own real estate booklet. 


I love how second graders think $1,000 is a lot for a house.  ;)


What about you guys?  Have any educational Halloween activities going on in your classroom?

No comments:

Post a Comment