Friday, January 1, 2016

Currently - January 2016

Well hello there! Welcome back to my sorely neglected blog. ;)  I am kicking off the new year by linking up again with Farley with this month's 'currently'.





Listening - We got a new dog a few weeks ago.  It's been about 4 years since our last dog died and it takes me a while to be able to take on a new one.  It was time.  We got Tobias at the shelter and he's so sweet.  Right now he's sleeping deeply on the floor by my feet and his breathing is that deep, soothing breathing sound.

Loving- A fresh start- Even not being a New Year's Resolution girl, there's still something about the new year that feels fresh and new.  Just like a new school year.

Thinking- about day 1 - Today, January first.  I have ambitious goals this years.  Right now I'm just hoping I can make it through day 1.  I've made it about half way so far.  ;)

Wanting - to achieve.  Again with the ambition.  But seriously, I feel like I've been crazy busy for weeks but haven't really achieved anything.  I need to do a project or something with an end to it. Not something like laundry, cleaning, planning, etc... that will need a repeat in a few hours.  

Needing - Seriously. must. stop. eating. chocolate.   And here's a bonus, I need my kids to go back to school.  They're arguing a lot after the last few weeks together.  It's time to get back into the groove.

One Little Word - Discipline!  I was so excited to see this one on Farley's page this month!  I've been doing OLW for 5ish years now and I'm really excited about this year.   I post about my one little word sometimes on my personal blog.  I haven't addressed this one yet, but if you're interested in future posts, my personal blog is allthingsalicia.typepad.com.

I'd love if you shared your One Little Word or goals for the year in the comments if you have them!

4 comments:

  1. These new days in the new year do feel fresh and full of possibilities, don't they? And now we just need to figure out what to do with them that fills us but doesn't take away all of our free time. That's a tough combination to create! My word for this year is "thanksgiving." I'm looking to see if I can create the habit of seeing joy/good/thanks in even the little things each day, instead of focusing on what needs to be changed or made better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, that is a tough balance. And 'thanksgiving' is a great word! How could your year not be great when you're focusing on what's great all the time?!

      Delete
  2. You may need to stop eating chocolate, but I need to stop drinking so much coffee. I love the stuff and consume way too much. I do like how the new year give you that fresh start.
    Casey
    CasedillaCrumbs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh coffee...I feel ya on that one. I think I'll wait to cut down on that until after I have chocolate under control. ;)

      Delete