Friday, February 26, 2016

5 For Friday

 
http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com/2016/02/five-for-friday-linky-party-february_26.html

 

It's been a while since I've done a 5 For Friday.  And this week is a bit of a blur. ;)  But here goes:

 

1- I've been working on St. Patrick's Day stuff - I made this freebie to go in my shop.  Go download yours for free! It's a math puzzle challenge that uses algebraic thinking to find the values of symbols.  (grades 4-6)


https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/St-Patricks-Day-Freebie-For-Upper-Elementary-Math-Puzzle-2410856

In other news..


2- I'm writing a cookbook and I've been working on some recipes. This week I made a roasted veggie melt.  Seriously so good, I forgot to take a picture before I scarfed it all down.   Ooops.



3-  The weather is crazy here.  We prepared all last year for El Nino and this is our current weather.  No extra rain, still drought.  80's as far as the eye can see.


 There's family news too!


4-  My son got a silver medal in the district science fair!  He's in the environmental division.  His project was to see if biodegradable and compostable' chip bags really were.  We left one in our compost for a year. Nope.  (ignore the fake smile)


And last but not least, spring baseball is here.  Sigh.  I need an attitude adjustment, one that reminds me how thankful I should be that we get to play the sport.



5-  Baseball season started.  I so wasn't ready for this. I am still recuperating from soccer (which ended back in November).  I'm not a good sports mom.  I get so worn out going to all the practices (he's up to three practices a week!) and trying to get kids in bed on time and stick to a healthy dinner instead of drive though.  I could have used another month off.  I might have to schedule a day to make freezer crock pot meals or something.  Any suggestions for recipes?

No comments:

Post a Comment